Friday, May 28, 2010

Pulled Pork BBQ in Slow Cooker

I was looking for a recipe to make a ton of pulled pork BBQ. I wanted to use the slow cooker since its hot around here and I don't need the house any hotter. My friend Liz shared this link with me from Publix and I'm so glad she did! It was yum!

I followed the recipe except that I used an 8 lb Boston Butt in my 7 Qt slow cooker. It cooked on High for 5 hours and then Low for 3 hours. Hubby is still talking about (and eating) how juicy and tasty it is. If you're not a big BBQ sauce fan, I'd leave the bottle of sauce out of the recipe. The beef broth, garlic, onion, vinegar and brown sugar give enough flavor.

I've made a variety of bean, potato and pasta salads as sides. I'll try to get those recipes up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment