Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not such a good day...

The physical drain of pregnancy has been much more than I anticipated. (I think I'm repeating myself!) Tuesday I had several projects to work on and classes to attend and so I was on-campus from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Just an average 8 hour day... Ha ha! Lately I haven't had the endurance to spend so many hours at work without leaving to take a nap. But, this day it was unavoidable. So, by the time I left in the afternoon I was wiped out. And when I got home I was too tired to rest, I think the adrenaline was pumping, and too hungry to eat, my stomach was all confused. Eventually I did relax some and eat and went to bed by 9pm, with the motion sickness feeling there the whole time. I thought I'd wake up feeling better and head off to start my next project.
Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I had already run a marathon. I was EXHAUSTED! I never made it out of the house. I slept another almost 5 hours through the morning and afternoon while navigating some rough stomach issues that lasted the rest of the day. Maybe I was more tired from Tuesday than I imagined. It seems like I'm going to have to do more work from home so I can take a nap in the middle of the day. Only problem is, the software required for my work, and one class in particular, is expensive and requires a large amount of memory, so they are only on my work computer... So, today I'm headed in to work on a class assignment and hoping it goes swiftly so I can come home at lunch time.
With all that said, this Bean better be one cute, happy baby for all this nastiness I'm undergoing. Lord, please create in our baby a pleasant, content personality, at ease with us and our loved ones. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment