Monday, August 16, 2010

Out of the Infirmary

Well, I'm not sure that anyone noticed but a few weeks back I said that I had a some things around the house to wrap up and then I'd write multiple posts.

Except... nothing ever came. Instead I ended up getting sick. It was quite a doosy for me. The hardest I'd been hit in a while. Nothing earth-shattering, just your usual cold. But, the exhaustion of a cold on top of the exhaustion of new life in one's body and... well, you get the idea.

I actually had one day where I did nothing other than sit on the couch or lay on the bed. I did not lift even a finger to care for my son! Obviously, my generous, kind, and energetic Hubs was here to be my hero and take over the running of the house. But, it also made me realize that it was probably the first day since we left the hospital with Mogi-man that I had zero responsibilities!!

In the end my cold morphed itself into a painful sinus infection and irritating conjunctivitis! Thank God for modern medicine and antibiotics! After a trip to the doctor I am feeling immensely better. I actually took a look at myself in the mirror today and my immediate reaction wasn't "Poor, poor pitiful me". It's awfully nice to be feeling well again : )

No comments:

Post a Comment