Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bragging Rights

So just for fun I thought I'd share some highlights on my little girl...

On Monday AJ was 10 weeks old.

For the last two weeks or so she goes down by 9pm and doesn't wake until 5am or so to feed. Then she sleeps until 8am-ish. Mogi-boy didn't do this consistently until he was 3 months old. I can't begin to explain how grateful I am for more and better sleep and the chance to get more done while both kids are asleep.

But last night was a real winner. Sometimes I get lazy, don't we all? And I don't keep AJ on a consistent routine. But children really thrive on routines and my laziness is usually "rewarded" with extra wake-ups at night and a loss of sleep.

So I've really nailed down a PM routine for AJ (which is the hardest time of day 'cause Hubs is gone working the night shift). Last night I put it in place and was given a real reward as a result. AJ went down at 8:15 and her morning feed was at 7:40! Yay!!! Tomorrow I'll write a post on her evening schedule/routine for anyone who might find it useful.

On another note, today was her 2 month well-baby check up. She seems to be thriving. Her weight is up to 11 lb 14 oz, a 2 lb 4 oz gain from last month, and she's grown another inch in length. Way to grow, baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment